Windows 10 Time Limit To Downgrade To Windows 7 Or Windows 8.1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I wasn't sure if the final July 29th release of Windows 10 would allow someone to go back to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 like the preview release of Windows 10 does.

I predict a lot of people will be wanting to go back.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My understanding is downgrade option be available only for one month since installing Windows 10, not windows 10 release.

I upgraded an Acer notebook from 8.1 to 10 and like 10 better but does anyone know why, in the downgrade to the previous version, it says go back to win 7?

This pc came with win 8.1 and has never had win 7 on it.

dustyjay

Jay
I have now got 3 laptops upgraded. 2 from 8.1 and one from Win 7 Ultimate. the 2 newer laptops both say Downgrade to 8.1 and the third does say win 7,

I found the way to go back to win 8.1.
I was looking in control panel and it had an option that said backup and restore win 7. I don't know what that is for.

The revert back to 8.1 is in windows defender and since I had Avast installed, windows defender could not be turned on.
I uninstalled Avast and win defender turned on and popped up. That is where I found revert to 8.1.

dustyjay

Jay
There is only one computer tin my house that may be downgraded back to Win8.1, but the wife says she is beginning to get used to it so that may not happen. Unless of course Win 10 just turns totally bad (I doubt that) But then I have complete backup hdds with the system intact. Just swap the drive and I am back to before win 10.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online