Solved Windows 10 Update error and Troubleshooter won't function

f1lm-018

Please share current free disk space and fresh logs.
To share disk space re-run THIS tool.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language, 64 bit, Build 17763, Installed 20190310214833.000000+480
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Hard Drives: C: 230 GB (61 GB Free); E: 699 GB (255 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. GL503VD, ver 1.0, s/n HCN0CX054480496
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver _ASUS_ - 1072009, s/n HCN0CX054480496
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

I gave you link to eset site to remove eset anti virus component, did you follow instructions to remove eset?
If not please do it.

Next do following:

1. Press Windows key +R
2. type into run box: sigverif
3. Hit OK
4. In a window that appears Click "Start"
5. Wait until complete the click on "Advanced" button
6. Click on "View log" button
7. While log is open, press CTRL + A then CTRL + C to copy contents
8. paste contents into a new text file and attach it in your new reply

Next step:
1. Press Windows key
2. type: cmd.exe
3. run Command prompt as Administrator
4. type (or copy) bellow code into console and press enter
CHKDSK /r
5. If asked to restart do it.

Next time windows boots up, follow bellow tutorial:
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-the-sfc-and-dism-to-repair-windows-10.1235557/

Now restart computer and try updating again.

f1lm-018

My PC is now updated. But I don't know what method fixed it. lol. I uninstalled ESET but still didn't work so I proceed in doing the DISM cleanup but still didn't work. Yesterday i tried deleting the contents of SoftwareDistribution file and deleted heavy files on my C drive to make some space but still after that it still got an error but later the day it again tries to install the updates and after some time my pc prompted me to restart to finish installing the updates and now it is updated to 1909. Thank you sir Couriant and sir zebanovich for all the help. Stay safe.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
My PC is now updated. But I don't know what method fixed it. lol. I uninstalled ESET but still didn't work so I proceed in doing the DISM cleanup but still didn't work. Yesterday i tried deleting the contents of SoftwareDistribution file and deleted heavy files on my C drive to make some space but still after that it still got an error but later the day it again tries to install the updates and after some time my pc prompted me to restart to finish installing the updates and now it is updated to 1909. Thank you sir Couriant and sir zebanovich for all the help. Stay safe.
The next step would have been to remove the SoftwareDistribution folder (it gets replaced) so it could be that a) you have too much data in that folder, or there was some corruption within it. Windows Update can be really weird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!