Solved Windows 10 update

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PrGwar

I cannot update windows 10. I was stopped from using the troubleshooter by being blocked by the an administrator. I am the sole one on this computer. Looking at various thread I changed my cryptographic services to automatic but I am unable to start it. I get error 1067. Using regedit Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CryptSvc has as object name
NT authority\network services. Is that the issue?

Is there another problem?

PrGwar

To add to the previous thread there are 3 updates that fail:
• 2017-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4020102) - Error 0x800706be
• 2017-05 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4020821) - Error 0x800706ba
• SAMSUNG Electronics Co., Ltd. - Other hardware - SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device - Error 0x800706be

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
|The start type on windows 10 for cryptographic services is automatic so what was your shown as as you say
I changed my cryptographic services to automatic
The common cause of the apparent problem is often third party software
1. Post please a copy and paste of this - the info in the white box when you run the system information utility

http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

2. Confirm please the Antivirus and Firewall in use

3. Do you use any third party maintenance tools such as registry cleaners system cleaners, make it go faster type software or indeed any third party defraggers.

4. If you have not run a system file check please do so on an administrator command prompt
typing

sfc /scannow
and report the result please I do not need the file only the result shown in the cmd window

5. Open device manager and check please if there are any reports by way of warnings on any devices.

Last edited:

PrGwar

1Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 1 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 6
RAM: 8099 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7570, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 1844 GB (1163 GB Free); J: 931 GB (930 GB Free); K: 931 GB (209 GB Free); L: 3725 GB (680 GB Free);
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire M3450
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2 Antivirus and firewall is ESET

3 I use AVS registry cleaner

4 Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS\log. For example C:\windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios.

5 I get the message "an administrator has blocked you from running this app.." when I try to run device manager. I am the only admin on this computer. Somehow I lost have full control of this computer.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
1. AVS registry cleaner
http://www.avs4you.com/index.aspx
The kiss of death - not just this registry cleaner but any such program
Sooner or later they ruin the computer

WHY - as here

REGISTRY CLEANERS The errors found by these programs are far too frequently not errors, but the deletion of the registry key by the program, causes REAL errors, insofar as the deleted key corrupts the registry due to the inter-association of multiple keys amongst the hundreds of entries in the registry.

Registry Structure: The Tree, Nodes and Keys

The data is stored in the registry in a tree structure format, for those who have never opened the Registry Editor, you'd find its layout is similar to what you would see when you open your Windows Explorer. Each node within the registry tree contains a key which may have both subkeys and data entries (called values). Depending on the application you run, the application may need only the associated key while others may need the value data set for that specific key. A hive in the registry is a group of keys, subkeys, and values in the registry that has a set of supporting files containing backups of its data. The Windows boot process automatically retrieves data from these supporting files.

AND my attempt to explain it in simple terms - therein lies the problem with the so-called registry cleaner/optimizer programs. the program decides what is not needed and can be deleted. However, frequently the inter-dependence of the various branches of the tree are not recognised by the program AND this is where it goes horribly wrong. - MACBOATMASTER

That all said, it is YOUR computer - the decision is yours.

2. If you want my help - uninstall that program as a starter - attempting to solve your problem with that installed is a waste of time both for you and me

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire M3450
That model desktop appears to originally come with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
What's the exact SNID number and serial number on yours?

Hopefully, Macboatmaster can help you.
Based on a couple of things you said in post #4, I fear a Windows reinstall and fresh start may be needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I agree but if we are lucky we may get away with a repair install

PrGwar

It did come with windows 7.Numbers on the computer are CO.7P201.001,
x16-96072
00196-250-574-491

and there is also the product key number.

Anything else needed?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I deleted all registry cleaner programs
deleted OR uninstalled
and as you say ALL
which others did you have please

Do you have the means to reinstall ESET we are if you do have such only going to uninstall it for the purposes of making good progress

PrGwar

I had but did not use CCleaner. I can reinstall ESET if we need to delete it.

PrGwar

I uninstalled the registry programs and ESET. I have not rebooted since. Waiting for your instructions

Last edited:

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Cheers
REBOOT
and check that Windows Defender is enabled - Control Panel - Windows Defender
or settings
security
Update it and also please check that Windows Firewall is now reported as the Firewall and turned on
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17464/windows-defender-help-protect-computer

and run a QUICK scan
that is all that is needed unless it finds something it does not like.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...-982f851617ed/turn-windows-firewall-on-or-off
Please check that Windows is the only Firewall reported

After that we will attempt the repair

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online