Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows 10 upgrade for XP users too

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Lance1 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Not saying that your interpretation is wrong, CoolBurn, but another way to interpret is that Build 10130 expires 10/1/15. What is more unclear to me is whether the free RTM copy will be licensed as if it were a free upgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1. It is possible (in my mind) that the RTM copy obtained as part of the Insider program will be just like another of the test builds in that it will be replaced (regardless of your wishes) by the next test build.

#10 ·
confirmed
it is not a method of updating XP or Vista for free

“I want to opt out of the Windows Insider Program on 7/29.” If you decide to opt-out of the program and upgrade to the 7/29 build you will be subject to exactly the same terms and conditions that govern the offer* that was extended to all Genuine Windows 7 and 8.1 customers. This is not a path to attain a license for Windows XP or Windows Vista systems. If your system upgraded from a Genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 license it will remain activated, but if not, you will be required to roll back to your previous OS version or acquire a new Windows 10 license. If you do not roll back or acquire a new license the build will eventually expire.

#14 ·
#21 · (Edited)
So should I just use the Windows backup? Is it good? I got a free easus todo backup to backup my files every week.
Yes that will do... But most here would suggest Acronis True Image I myself use Ghost And for some time many years previous. It's what suits your personal preference. Ghost for me! But Others will say otherwise. Your choice! Others may chime in with another choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.