1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 10 upgrade now sd cards wont work

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by jjlost, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jjlost

jjlost Thread Starter

I have a cf52 Toughbook I upgraded to windows 10 and now my sd cards all stop working any suggestions on how to fix this problem with out going back to windows 7

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. nzkeyboard

nzkeyboard

First Name:
    Simon Peter Clotworthy
    can you please tell me the full model number/Model Version

looks like this: cf-52A/BXXXXX (MK1)

4. nzkeyboard

nzkeyboard

First Name:
    Simon Peter Clotworthy
    The panasonic support staff have said that no model of the CF-52 is eligible for the windows 10 upgrade. They are not and will not be supporting it. you can try using the windows 7 driver for the reader. but basically it looks like you will need to downgrade to windows 7 which normally is quite an easy process using the windows 10 downgrade tool.

jjlost likes this.
  5. jjlost

jjlost Thread Starter

its a cf-52gunbx2b would be model
    sorry if I did not word the problem correctly not a computer person can do basics but not much more than that
    by what you are saying is the drivers do not support windows 10 so I will have to go back to windows 7 if I want to use the sd card reader

6. nzkeyboard

nzkeyboard

First Name:
    Simon Peter Clotworthy
    Yes you will need to go back to windows 7.

To do this click on the start menu and go to settings. Click update and security.

Select recovery from the list on the left and click on Get Started under "Go back to Windows 7"

7. jjlost

jjlost Thread Starter

to answer your question etaf yes the computer dose not see the sd card drive at all when card is inserted the light turns on then shuts off but never prompts you to do anything or dose it show up with the rest of the drivers in my computer screen

8. jjlost

jjlost Thread Starter

do I need to create a backup for all my files picture videos and what not before I go back to windows 7 or will all data be ok

9. nzkeyboard

nzkeyboard

First Name:
    Simon Peter Clotworthy
    your data will remain intact but its always a good idea to backup your data just in case

10. jjlost

jjlost Thread Starter

ok I will try that thanks for the help
    always tough decisions I like the windows ten layout much more than windows seven but I use the sd card reader way to much not to have it. lol cant ever have best of both

11. nzkeyboard

nzkeyboard

First Name:
    Simon Peter Clotworthy
    unless you want to buy an external USB card reader that has windows 10 support but that could be anoying

12. jjlost

jjlost Thread Starter

Just wanted to say thanks for the quick response and straight forward answers

I have an external usb card readed and I hate that thing always flopping around when your using the laptop it works good for desktop nothing else

13. nzkeyboard

nzkeyboard

First Name:
    Simon Peter Clotworthy
    Indeed that would be a hindrance

14. paev

paev

Perhaps you wouldn't need to go back to Windows 7. I had Asus laptop and after upgrading SD reader didn't work. Couldn't find anything in Asus but found the driver on Lenovo. You just need to find out what SD card reader is used on your machine because many companies use the same card readers hardware. Then I'm sure you will be able to find the driver on other than your PC website. Just a bit of research that's all.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1168976

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice