1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 10 upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Adr10, Jun 3, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Adr10

Adr10 Thread Starter

Hi all, Sysinfo doesn't work so I will say what specs I have.
    Dell E6420
    Windows 7
    Nvidia NVS 4200M
    Intel HD Graphics 3000

My CPU was running high a couple of days ago and still is, I have seen other people upgrading to windows 10 being able to solve the problem, my problem is when I use the mediacreationtool1903 exe and run it, near the end it tells me that "This device isn't compatible in windows 10.", it displays both graphics cards as "display is not compatible", I have fully upgraded all of my drivers, I unsure if I straight up can't upgrade or there's another problem.

Any help is appreciated,
    Thanks.

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Seems you computer is not compatible with Windows 10. You might be lucky if you can install the 32 bit version on your computer but still may encounter some minor problems in the future.

3. Adr10

Adr10 Thread Starter

Alright, thank you regardless.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

You can try to upgrade your graphics card

5. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    He can't because it is a laptop.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Not sure if dell has anything updated but check their site support.dell.com and put in your serial number in. Then under drivers look for a driver that has Thermal in it's name. That usually should help. You may also want to check the BIOS and make sure it's updated.

7. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    I also had a Dell XPS 600 which was not compatible with Windows 10 64 OS. I could only install the W10 32 bit version on it but had a few issues when using it. Now that desktop is already retired.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228045

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice