1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 10 Version 1809 OS Build 17763 Released!

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by flavallee, Oct 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Frank
    Its code name is "RedStone 5" and its bi-annual update name is "October 2018 Update".

You can download the Media Creation Tool (10.0.17763.1) from HERE so you can create bootable install media with a DVD disc or USB thumb drive.

I just finished creating a bootable DVD disc and will install it later this week.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  2. C141

C141

3. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    For those of you who already have RedStone 4 Version 1803 OS Build 17134 installed, a "check for updates" should detect and upgrade it to RedStone 5 Version 1809 OS Build 17763.

The upgrade went fine in my Dell OptiPlex 7010, but I did have to re-do some personalization changes and had to update 2 device drivers afterwards.

Note: If your computer has a 6th generation or newer Intel processor, make sure its Intel graphic driver is up-to-date before you make the upgrade.
    The upgrade will be blocked or will display a warning in some computers if that driver is outdated.
    https://news.softpedia.com/news/mic...ome-intel-pcs-due-to-bad-drivers-523049.shtml

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    I installed this on my test laptop yesterday (an old Dell Inspiron 1545 with a few hardware upgrades) and everything seems fine so far. I didn't need to update any drivers.

5. ckc17

ckc17

Widows 10 updated to Version 1809, build 17763.1 yesterday, 10/04/18. on my Acer AX 3300 purchased May 2010. everything OK so far. Yes it's slow, 'turtle' comes to mind Frank, but with Windows 10 and only 3 gig of Ram ,no surprise there. It's working and does all that I need so OK.

Attached Files:

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    ckc17:

Your Acer Aspire X3300 is running Windows 10 Home 64-bit and has 2.75 GB of its 3.00 GB of RAM usable.

If it had a faster and snappier processor, I would suggest increasing it to 4.00 or 8.00 GB.
    Sticking with 3.00 GB is okay, especially if you use it only for basic functions.

cpu.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------------

7. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
  8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
  9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217294

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice