1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 10 wants my Gmail

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by foxtrotsam2, Sep 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. foxtrotsam2

foxtrotsam2 Thread Starter

I cannot access my Gmail because I keep getting this pop-up that my google account (Gmail) requires my attention , well when I click all these buttons it takes me to a window and tells me Google will share my account information with windows and "windows" wants full access to my contacts, calendar, my Google account, etc.. and it says windows can change my account information, etc.....and there is a warning about 3rd party apps accessing your personal private information, so I don't trust right,
    Well I dismiss the request, like it asks me to "fix" or "dismiss" I don't receive any more email, boom, it just stops, no more email. I have 2 Gmail accounts that windows wants access to both, now they both do not work. Is there anyone else who is having this problem, any help is appreciated. Thanks

ps. I'm not sure how to work your "SysInfo utility" but I am posting maybe someone else has this same problem.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    what are you using to read the emails , is this the windows 10 email program or a different program on the pc

3. bobcat5536

bobcat5536

I think I know the problem, if I'm right, I get the same notice. If what I'm thinking is what you have going on, you have to access your gmail directly from a browser and correct it in the gmail settings. If you're using Outlook , Thunderbird or some other email client to access your gmail, Google considers this a "security" risk and by selecting fix, you just killed your email client. See link for Instructions. Again, I'm not quite sure if this is the same thing you have going on, but this is a good place to start.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en

4. Lozzy-loz

Lozzy-loz

If the last post is correct, login to your google with this link https://accounts.google.com/signin/...flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=ServiceLogin .It will generate a password which you should enter into your client,send and receive

5. foxtrotsam2

In reply to bobcat5536, that is what is going on, it asks me to fix or dismiss, I did both so many times now I'm starting to feel I have my laptop totally confused, (probably not), but I have 2 Google email accounts, I had the same thing going on with both accounts, Gmail1, I managed to get working, Gmail2 I tried the same thing I did with my Gmail1 but I still get the same message, Your "Gmail2 settings are out of date" or your "Gmail2 needs attention", so I go back in and try the same thing over again, same result. I enabled the IMAP settings in my Gmail settings, still no go. By the way that is how I got my
    Gmail1 working. Here is another story which may not have any bearing on the above; I had an Ipad connected to my Dell
    Yes it is the Windows 10 email program on my laptop
    laptop

6. foxtrotsam2

the other story is this; I had an Ipad device synced with my laptop and I gave it away, before I gave itaway, I reset it back to factory reset, but it still shows up in my laptop as being connected but I cannot delete it from my Google account settings, not sure if this would cause the problem

7. bobcat5536

bobcat5536

Not quite sure what's going on with your gmail2. I know I messed mine up and was able to fix them. I have four gmail accounts and managed to repair them all thru the settings. Maybe someone else in here has a suggestion, as I really can't think of one. I fault Google for trying to be over reacting on ever little thing. As far as security goes, I feel they spy on us more than we know and I wish I had some security to protect me from them. I'm not worried about Thunderbird or Outlook.

8. foxtrotsam2

1. Yes, when everything was going smooth, they come up with "updates" then everything goes haywire, I had no problem until I started getting this pop-up telling me my Gmail needs attention and that "windows" wanted full access to my contacts, calendar, my Google Account, and they tell me Windows will be able to change my account information as they please, (not necessarily in that language) but that's what they meant. Now I can't get any support from them. Also I enabled IMAP settings in my Gmail Account now my browser is slow and won't function much more, like it just freezes up. I'm going to play the waiting game and see what happens, I'm not giving up. Thanks for your advice, I'll keep working on it.

9. foxtrotsam2

I'm using the email on my Windows 10, I have 2 Gmail Accounts ("Google"), both are displayed on my desktop, but the pop-up keeps telling me "your Gmail2 needs attention" that's it, if I'm receiving any mail, I'm not seeing it, there is no way to check, I can only see my old email from before the problem happened.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216808

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice