Windows 10 Webcam & Privacy Concerns

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jack1000

Web Cam Privacy Concerns- Windows 10

I am new to web cam technology, and recently purchased one, but have some concerns about privacy and security. Feedback would be appreciated:

1.) I assume that there is no on/off button on the webcam itself?
2.) I go on Twitter and Facebook all the time to talk with friends, is there any way that this thing is going to start recording what I am doing at these sites?
3.) If I grant permission to a social media site, such as Twitter, Facebook, or Zoom for example to do a conference call with a friend and we finish the call, is there a way to turn off permission, or does the social media site have permission for as long as I have my account
4.) Short of unplugging it, what is the fastest way to turn off a webcam and turn on a webcam if #1 is not possible? Thanks!

Jack

If the webcam is usb, unplugging them should be easy. I never use the camera on my laptop so I tape a piece of paper over it.

For built in cameras, the safest and easiest way is to disable device in device manager.

The safest way would be disabling it or you can use tape/web cam covers (you can buy them online and you can switch on-off whenever you need). Web cam covers usually look like this:
1606910594151.png

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online