1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 10 will not install

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by axecopchopz, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. axecopchopz

axecopchopz Thread Starter

i decided to do a clean installation of windows 10 from my usb, but every time i try to install i get an error saying "windows installation encountered an unexpected error. verify that the installation sources are accessible and restart instillation error code 0xC00000005"

ive been getting this code for the last 3 hours and cannot figure out a solution, can anyone help me

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    How exactly did you create a bootable USB thumb drive to install Windows 10?
    You may have better success by creating and using a bootable DVD.

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. techspeed

techspeed

Make sure your device has enough space. Your device requires at least 16 GB of free space to upgrade a 32-bit or 20-GB operating system for a 64-bit operating system. For more information, see Free Disk Space in Windows 10.
    Run Windows Update multiple times. Download and install updates available in Windows Update, including software updates, hardware updates, and some third-party drivers. Use the Windows 10 Troubleshooting Tool to correct Windows update errors.
    Check the third-party drivers and download the updates. You can find third-party drivers and installation instructions for all devices that you have added to your device on the manufacturer's site.
    Disconnect the additional device. Remove any external storage devices, drives, springs, and other devices that may have been connected to your device and are not necessary for basic functions.
    Check the Device Manager for errors. Select the Start button, and in the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager. Select Device Manager from the results. In the window that appears, find a device with a yellow exclamation mark next to it (you may need to select each category to access the device list). Press and hold (or right-click) the device name and select Update Driver or Uninstall to correct errors.
    Remove the third-party security program. Make sure you know how to reinstall your software and provide the necessary product keys. Windows Defender will help protect your device in the meantime.
    Correction of hard disk errors. Select the Start button, and in the search box on the taskbar, type Command Prompt. Choose Command Prompt from the list of results. In the window that appears, type chkdsk / f C: and press the Enter key. The repairs start automatically on your hard drive and you will be prompted to restart your device.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212178

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice