Windows 10 won't boot

ILT

I recently purchased a new pc and it had worked until a few days ago. It is stuck in a loop booting to BIOS instead of Windows 10. I had checked all wiring to see if it something had been unplugged. I am using an SSD and the motherboard is Asus. The SSD is being detected but when I select it as a boot option the pc won't boot from it. I have tried almost every simple solution on the internet to try and resolve this issue.

I'd try performing a start up repair from Windows Recovery Environment. Use a working computer to download and create a bootable DVD or USB. Here's the How to for that step:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Then insert this DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer from it. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the DVD or USB.

When you see the Install Windows page, tap or click Repair your computer to start the Windows Recovery Environment.

In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot.

Tap or click, advanced options and then click on Startup repair.

After this completes the repair, remove the DVD/USB and see if you are able to boot your computer from the hard drive (or SSD).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online