Windows 10 won't look right with my 1080p TV

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zer0Dawn

I'm using a Samsung 1080p smart TV as a monitor until I can get a newer better one to replace the old DVI Dell monitor I've been using for awhile. I plugged It in and it says it's displaying at 1080p but it looks absolutely awful. The text isn't clear, no image is sharp, and I feel like everything should be using less pixels than it is. Anyone have some tips?

If you right click on your desktop and click "Display Settings" then read that page you should get some more information and the resolution is lower down the page. Hope that helped :)

The TV instructions should include information about the resolution of the TV for PC input/HDMI input (I assumed that your TV has such an input).
You need to set one of the resolutions on this computer, for example, in my case I have 1360x768.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online