1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by dabeartn, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dabeartn

dabeartn Thread Starter

First Name:
    Doug
    Hello;
    I was trying to upgrade to Windows 10 and got the error CompareExchange128. I am running windows 7 64 bit with 4 gig ram. My processor is an Intel Pentium Dual Core E6600 3.06 GHz 3.06. I know this has to do with the processor, so my questions are:

1. What processor can in use in place of the on that will work with windows 10??
    2. Is there any way around this without buying a processor??

Thanks in advance,

Doug in 10-a-see

2. prunejuice

prunejuice

Windows 10 is available as a "preview" release.
    It's not an advisable "upgrade".

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Some processors and hardware configurations aren't supported by Windows 10 Technical Preview, including a small number of older 64-bit processors.

This applies to Windows 10 Technical Preview.

This doesn't necessarily mean it'll apply to the final public release of Windows 10.

----------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142088

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice