Windows 11 action centre icon missing

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If anyone trying the new Windows 11, is puzzled as to where the notifcations icon is that was on the right of the taskbar, which if you clicked on then opened settings etc , airplane mode, night light etc

Right click the clock and date.
Who would ever guess that
now shows not just adjust time and date, but notifications
See this
Windows 11: This is the new System Tray and Action Center experience | Windows Central

Solved that one, wonder which is the next - what has happened to it, where is it ?. to present itself

do you have the latest version that was just released yesterday? seems to me it included a fix for notifications. I just skimmed it so I am not sure if it included the action center.

crjdriver

It is fully updated however the version is whatever the commercial preview was when released. My test system is upstairs and since this house has the worst air conditioning known to man, I have to stay downstairs until the morning :eek::eek:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
No more Windows 11 for me!
After my first experience with it, I won't be using it until after Windows 10 is no longer supported.
:mad: (n)

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi Frank
I have not had any problems whatsoever except for a version upgrade taking over 25 minutes to download and install
What has put you off it

crjdriver

Frank, give it another shot. While some things are a little different or located in different spots, a search in the search box takes you to whatever setting you need. I use both win11 and 10 pretty much every day. The only real "Issue" is I keep going to the far, lower left to shutdown then go back to the center. Even the task bar can be moved to the left.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The only real "Issue" is I keep going to the far, lower left to shutdown then go back to the center.
Yes - I agree on that issue, it fooled me for at least an hour
just cannot see why they moved it - perhaps a simple issue of - we have to make it different in some respects otherwise too many people will say - "its 10 titled 11 with system spec restrictions"

crjdriver

Just my opinion; win11 is simply evolutionary not revolutionary. I think win 11 could have been called a major update to 10 however with the tighter hardware requirements, it will sell a lot of systems :eek::eek:
Calling it win11 allows ms to have different hardware requirements than win 10.

first I did not know there was a separate commercial insiders preview edition and never heard of one. a search could not find anything about it. second, if you are having problems with it, you should be providing feedback to microsoft in case it is a bug. at this time asking for help in forums is not the best way to go. You should have a link to feedback in the apps section.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview 10.0.22000.51 64-bit is what I clean installed.
My Dell Precision Tower 3620 is 6th generation and doesn't have a supported processor, so I used the well known registry hack.
After it installed, I was surprised at how many visual changes and setting changes had been made.
It took me much longer than it does Windows 7 and Windows 10 to set up everything just the way I like it.
I have no desire at this time to spend countless hours getting comfortable and proficient with it.
That can wait until after January 2023 when Windows 7 is no longer supported.

-------------------------------------------------

Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview 10.0.22000.51 64-bit is what I clean installed.
My Dell Precision Tower 3620 is 6th generation and doesn't have a supported processor, so I used the well known registry hack.
After it installed, I was surprised at how many visual changes and setting changes had been made.
It took me much longer than it does Windows 7 and Windows 10 to set up everything just the way I like it.
I have no desire at this time to spend countless hours getting comfortable and proficient with it.
That can wait until after January 2023 when Windows 7 is no longer supported.

-------------------------------------------------
It does seem to take forever to make changes, and in some cases those changes were reverse with the next update. In addition the last update broke my triple boot so I had to decide whether or not keep win10 to keep things simple. I still have a triple boot but two versions of linux and the insiders win11. Wanted to see how running linux from an external drive will be affected. Now I wonder what the next updates will bring.

What gets me is from what I can tell, most users will not bother to go through the settings to see what data is being collected, what permissions are being given away and more. It is just too inconvenient to go through setting after setting to get things right for personal use.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The last update breaking the classic start menu that I created with a command script didn't make me happy.

It's time consuming to go through the entire "Settings" section (which is more extensive in Windows 11 than it is in Windows 10), but it's the only way that I can set up everything to my liking.

Like I already said, Windows 11 can wait.

------------------------------------------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online