Windows 11 error

mconnelly

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19043, Installed 20200804152909.000000-300
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (382 GB Free);
Motherboard: HP 8339, ver 49.38, s/n PGNDB2A0GAO01Q
System: Insyde, ver HPQOEM - 0, s/n 8CG8141CQ5
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

I'm trying to install Windows 11 preview. I have a 7th gen CPU, TPM 2.0 and so far as I can tell, all the other requirements. But, this is the error that I get:

1624992573885.png

Anyone have a fix for this? I'm pretty sure my system meets the minimum requirements for install. But, with this OS I could be wrong! FYI, Bitlocker is enabled on that disc. Not sure if that needs to be disabled or not.

Last edited:

crjdriver

First remove bitlocker, then make sure you have a current backup of anything important. Next make a bootable install usb; boot with the install usb and delete ALL partitions on the drive. Clean install win 11.

If you are doing this for a learning experience, great. If you are intending on using win11 as your main operating system, do understand that it is still somewhat "Buggy"
I have been running win11 on a test system for approx 4 days now. It works OK however somethings fail to install on the first attempt then work the next time the install is attempted.

BTW win11 will activate itself as long as you have a legal win10 install.

mconnelly

First remove bitlocker, then make sure you have a current backup of anything important. Next make a bootable install usb; boot with the install usb and delete ALL partitions on the drive. Clean install win 11.

If you are doing this for a learning experience, great. If you are intending on using win11 as your main operating system, do understand that it is still somewhat "Buggy"
I have been running win11 on a test system for approx 4 days now. It works OK however somethings fail to install on the first attempt then work the next time the install is attempted.

Should I install it on a Virtual drive instead?

mconnelly

I turned of Bitlocker. When I try to download Windows 11 I get the same error. Where do I get the .ISO to create the USB?

crjdriver

For you, I believe you need to join the insider preview. It is also available as a commercial preview however you need to have a subscription.

I turned of Bitlocker. When I try to download Windows 11 I get the same error. Where do I get the .ISO to create the USB?
At this time a ISO is not available to download from Microsoft. The only official way is to install Windows 10 with the latest updates on UEFI with TMP and then you are able to upgrade to Windows 11 through the insider program on the DEV-Ring. you would need to link a Microsoft account and follow the steps. after that you can install Windows 11 via windows update.

mconnelly

At this time a ISO is not available to download from Microsoft. The only official way is to install Windows 10 with the latest updates on UEFI with TMP and then you are able to upgrade to Windows 11 through the insider program on the DEV-Ring. you would need to link a Microsoft account and follow the steps. after that you can install Windows 11 via windows update.
I did it through Windows Update. I'm on the Insider Program on the DEV-Ring. The pic that I posted is the error it gives me. I'm gonna try to do it the way you said with a bootable USB.

dont know if it will help but for me to install win11, I had to install the latest win10 insiders version. Then I got the link to win11 iso in settings - updates. from there I downloaded it and created a usb install

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What size is the system reserved which is the EFI partition and how much free space is there
Your install is UEFI on GPT
If you find there is hardly any free space on the system reserved you need to do this

1. Type
  2. mountvol y: /s
  3. and hit the Enter-key. This maps the drive letter Y to the system partition. The /s parameter mounts the system partition.
  4. Switch to drive Y by typing y: and press the Enter-key.
  5. Navigate to the fonts folder by typing cd EFI\Microsoft\Boot\Fonts
  6. Type del *.* to delete all font files. Confirm the deletion if prompted.

HOWEVER THIS IS NOT without risk
I presume you already have a complete system image in case your planned windows 11 failed to enable you to go back as is - without any problems

Perhaps I should add - this presumes you have the partition on the OS drive and have not moved it etc.

Last edited:

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I do not undertsand what it is you are asking or indeed the point you are making
What please has the link you provide to do with windows 11

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I sort of suspected it was, it being so strange, but he posted on another thread and that post was not suspicious as spam

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online