Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows 11 installation upgrade stops at 35%

721 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
I wanted to update to windows 11 from 10 but it stops updating at 35% every time and goes no further a popup said I should uninstall LD multi player which I did with Revo uninstaller i am stuck at 35% I don't know why and and don't know how get it to install my laptop is a 8 month old Dell XPS high end machine for its customizations by

#2 ·
Backup your data first. Then go download MS Media Creation Tool Win 11. Run it to generate a Windows setup USB memory stick ( all files on the memory stick will be erased and replaced with Windows setup files ) Then boot the memory stick. Do a Custom install. On the drive partitions screen delete all partitions. And let setup continue with the freed up space.

#5 ·
Personally I have never been a fan of in-place upgrades. I much prefer a clean install of the operating system. Up to you how you want to proceed. Before doing ANY upgrade, you should make an image of your system as it is now. If there is a problem OR you do not like the new operating system, it takes just a few min to restore the image and you are right back to where you were prior to installing win11.
Next thing you should do is check the support page for your laptop. See if there are drivers available ie chipset, sound, wireless, etc. If there are no drivers, it may or may not work. Windows does have a lot of native drivers however ms drivers are NOT designed for performance; they are designed for basic use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.