Solved Windows 11 permanent?

Ayush20311

I have a genuine permanent windows and I want to switch to windows 11. SO, if I switch to windows 11 will windows be genuine or not ,will it be permanent ?????????????

Attachments

Ayush20311

I am getting 👇this notification. So, windows 11 update will come in my windows update section (settings) ?
Screenshot (89).png

Win 11 will come via Windows Update. You just have to wait a while. And it will install like any update.

Couriant

James
To confirm: While the computer will not automatically update itself to Windows 11, you can get the upgrade through the Windows Update.

CNET.NET said:
Source

Some users can download Windows 11 the same way you'd get any new version of Windows. Just go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click Check for Updates. If available, you'll see Feature update to Windows 11. Click Download and install.
But as LunarLander mentioned, this rollout will be slow and may not be available to you straight away. You may need to wait a few months. I had to wait for my Windows 10 upgrade when I was still on Vista.

If you don't want to wait, then the link Mr. Sam has provided should work for you.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Ayush20311:
My advice is don't be in a hurry to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11.
Windows 11 was released only 4 days ago, and it still has a lot of bugs and issues that need to be resolved.
You should probably wait at least 6 months before making the upgrade.

-------------------------------------------------

Ayush20311:
My advice is don't be in a hurry to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11.
Windows 11 was released only 4 days ago, and it still has a lot of bugs and issues that need to be resolved.
You should probably wait at least 6 months before making the upgrade.

-------------------------------------------------
"A lot of bugs". I must say, I use it since the insider build until today the lastest updates,
and I cant find anything that isnt working. I only got new features that I like much better then in Windows 10.

crjdriver

Before doing any upgrade and or clean install, I would check that there are in fact drivers for ALL of your hardware ie chipset, sound, video, etc. Windows may have native drivers however windows native drivers are NOT noted for performance; they are designed to provide basic functions. In addition, I would highly advise you to make an image of your system drive as it is now. If the upgrade and or clean install does not work correctly OR you do not like win 11, it takes all of 5~10min to restore the image and be right back where you were prior to installing win 11.

I have been using win 11 on my test system for approx 3 months. While it works OK, it just does not seem as polished or smooth as win 10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online