Solved Windows 11 Problem/Computer Suddenly Shuts Down

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BorisF

Hello! Help me please. My computer, while working, suddenly shows a blue error screen and restarts, but after that it tries to turn on but cannot.
Several times the problem was solved by removing the round battery from the motherboard and re-inserting it.
But yesterday it didn't help for some reason.
What should I do?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi, BorisF, and welcome to TSG. Your problem sounds more hardware related than Windows 11 related. Your post has been moved to our hardware forum.

I may not be able to offer a solution, but it could help some here to help you if we knew more about your setup. Please provide details about your computer.
  • If the computer is an unmodified product from a major manufacturer, please tell us the name of the manufacturer and the full and exact model number of the computer. In the case of a Dell brand computer, also please tell us the service tag number that should be on a label attached to the outside of the computer.

• If the computer is a modified product from a major manufacturer, please tell us the information requested above and tell us what the modifications are, including the manufacturers and model numbers of any added or removed hardware.

• If the computer is custom-built, please provide a parts list of all the major components used in the build, including the names of the manufacturers and the model numbers.

BorisF

Hello! Thanks for your feedback! It is a custom-built computer.

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22000) (22000.co_release.210604-1628)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: Z68X-UD3H-B3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG (type: BIOS)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 7918MB RAM
Page File: 3618MB used, 5578MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Not Available
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.2.2
DxDiag Version: 10.00.22000.0001 64bit Unicode

Recently, no changes have been made to the internal structure of the computer. A similar problem was observed even in Windows 10. I just upgraded to Windows 11.

Last edited:

cwwozniak

Chuck
Thank you for the information. It does tell us your computer has a
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard, but no details on things like the brands and model numbers of the hard drive and/or SSD, RAM modules, PSU, any added graphics card, etc.

but after that it tries to turn on but cannot.
Are you saying that when you press the power button that the PC starts to power up and immediately shuts down? If it runs for a little bit and then shuts down, does anything show on the monitor?

Did you normally hear one short beep shortly after power-up when the computer was working correctly? If so, do you still get the one short beep when it is failing to boot up?

What is happening with the four Phase LEDs during power-up? They are located near the corner of the motherboard closest to the memory module sockets.

BorisF

Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 54.2 GB
Total Space: 113.8 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: Patriot Burst

Drive: D:
Free Space: 366.5 GB
Total Space: 476.4 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WDC WD5000AAKS-00YGA0

Drive: F:
Model: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-E40L USB Device
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\CDROM.SYS, 10.00.22000.0001 (Russian), 6/5/2021 14:04:44, 196608 bytes

I am using a graphics card built into the motherboard. I have been working without an external graphics card for a long time. I do not know which graphics card to buy that would be compatible with windows 11

Northbridge Intel Sandy Bridge rev. 09
Southbridge Intel Z68 rev. B3
Bus Specification PCI-Express 2.0 (5.0 GT/s)
Memory Type DDR3
Memory Size 8 GBytes
Channels Dual
Memory Frequency 798.1 MHz (1:6)

Last edited:

BorisF

Oh no! As soon as I opened the system unit to find out the name of the power supply, the computer gave an error again! It turned off!
So many new names and parameters and it takes me a long time to figure out where I can find this information.
This is weird. As soon as I touch the side panel of the system unit, the computer starts working. Am I cursed?

OK! PSU Chieftec ctg-550-80P

1)I turn on the computer as usual, it works fine for about 10 minutes and then a blue screen appears with an error. Then it tries to boot, but immediately stops, and at the same time there are no inscriptions on the monitor.
2) Yes, I hear a normal beep sound when the download starts. But after the shutdown error, there are no sounds.
3) What is happening with the four Phase LEDs during power-up? This is too difficult a question for me, I do not know what to answer. Sorry, I'm so stupid.

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22000) (22000.co_release.210604-1628)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: Z68X-UD3H-B3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG (type: BIOS)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
BorisF:

Your computer has a 2nd generation Intel Core i5-2500K processor.

Your computer has a 2nd generation Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard.
It was designed for Windows XP and Vista and 7 and 8.1 and does not have TPM 2.0 support.

How did you manage to install Windows 11 Pro Build 22000 64-bit in it?

--------------------------------------------------

crjdriver

That is a very low-quality pw supply. In addition, your parts are approx 11yr old. It is almost never cost effective to repair hardware of that age. Up to you IF you want to troubleshoot this system. If you do, I would start with installing a quality pw supply then go from there.

BorisF

BorisF:

Your computer has a 2nd generation Intel Core i5-2500K processor.

Your computer has a 2nd generation Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard.
It was designed for Windows XP and Vista and 7 and 8.1 and does not have TPM 2.0 support.

How did you manage to install Windows 11 Pro Build 22000 64-bit in it?

--------------------------------------------------
Yes, I know, I have an outdated motherboard and processor. It's a shame, but I didn't think about upgrading because I was worried about compatibility issues and was choosing a cheaper option.

I don't know why, but windows 11 was installed on my computer without any problems. I just looked on the Internet for methods of how to make the system not check compatibility for Windows 11.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I just looked on the Internet for methods of how to make the system not check compatibility for Windows 11.
BorisF:

I guessed you used one of the bypass hacks out there, but I wanted to be sure.

I agree with crjdriver about your hardware being too old to support Windows 11. so you're probably going to continue to have blue screens and hardware-related issues.

-------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online