Windows 11 - Thoughts??

TechWizard05

Microsoft just announced that there will be a Windows 11 available to upgrade to (if your PC meets the requirements) this holiday

Use this to post thoughts and comments about it

Maybe someone already made this I dunno :unsure:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I've been using their Windows XP and Vista and 7 and 10 sites for over a year.
The Windows 11 site was recently added to the list.
I consider them reliable sites. (y)

But of course, my membership here of more than 19 years will always be the most reliable. :)

------------------------------------------------

Johnny b

John
Thoughts?

For me it's an easy decision.
None of my computers are new enough to install Win 11.
I'm not interested in buying a computer to run Win 11 at this time and currently the computers I own run well enough on Puppy Linux and Win7(offline)

Until I find I have a need for Win 11, I'll just keep on with what I have.

RT

Forgive me for always behind the times, I thought Win10 was the end of Windows as we know it, wondering what would come next, so glad to hear about v11...I think...
time will tell, but like others, if what you got works for you...

Johnny b

John
Forgive me for always behind the times, .................

I know that feeling.
Time passes, more and more options are built into operating systems, new apps and new hardware to run on it.
Not just MS, Linux too and Apple no doubt.
My usage is similar to what I was doing 15 and 20 years ago, so I suspect I use less than 1% of a modern computer's capability. Probably much less.

My interest goes more towards Internet security. How secure am I when online.
And here's my gripe.
Coders are human and humans aren't perfect. As careful as they are, they make mistakes.
The more features that are included in new versions of an OS, the greater the potential for a malicious hacker/coder/criminal for finding a new exploit.

Another reality, new versions are really mostly old code with all their unknown/unfound bugs, that's updated, with new bugs yet to be found.
Bloat and bugs. lol.

I get the feeling new adopters are really beta testers whose duty is to spotlight the new bugs.

From my short experiences with Win 10 that were free upgrades, if I were to jump into Win 11, I think I'd rather do it with a new computer that was built for it and further, the OEM configured the OS for that equipment.
IMO, fewer frustrations.

RT

Another reality, new versions are really mostly old code with all their unknown/unfound bugs, that's updated, with new bugs yet to be found.
Bloat and bugs. lol.
I sorta have that feeling too, at least from MS...it's almost like incest where the gene pool gets messed up ;) :) :eek::sick:

With each new OS the features are expanding, often by default, and not everyone wants that.
Some are useful, some are not, depending how you use your machine.
My usage is similar to what I was doing 15 and 20 years ago, so I suspect I use less than 1% of a modern computer's capability. Probably much less.
Often upgraded my computer to get the hardware for a game, and sometimes that included upgrading the OS.
But I like a capable computer, but I too - these days - do not use it's potential.

Last edited:

Johnny b

John
But I like a capable computer, but I too - these days - do not use it's potential.
I do like the speed of newer equipment, but 'good enough' for me started almost a decade ago :D

RT

:unsure: John, could I interest you in a really good deal on some gently used dial-up equipment? :D

Johnny b

John
Although I have no interest of Win 11 at this time, some might find this video interesting.

Reactions: RT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!