Windows 11 - Tomorrow Is The Big Day

crjdriver

Looks like AMD has released chipset drivers for win11. It is strange that the version# is exactly the same one for the win10 chipset driver......

crjdriver

They did the same thing for the video driver. Same version# and the file size is exactly the same thing for win10 and win11.

crjdriver

I did notice one big change from the preview to the release version. On the release version when you attempt to install any Epic game software, you get the msg "This app has been blocked for your protection" The fix is the same for both 10 and 11; you need to edit group policy. This did not happen with the preview version.

Just my opinion however [I think] why this happens is that Epic did not want to submit to microsoft's requirement for install/setup files.

crjdriver

I have not noticed any slowdown however the only game I play is UT3 which is now something like 14yr old SO not a big performance hog on any modern hardware.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
A number of threads created may well ask about TPM 2.0
Just because a processor does not have TPM
which Intel call PTT Intel Platform Trust Technology on some older CPU`s and chipsets

does not mean the computer cannot meet the TPM requirements as some CPU`s do not have it but are on a board where the chipset does have it.
For instance the
https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/products/sku/133332/intel-b360-chipset/specifications.html
B360 has it.

If you are faced with the situation where Windows - ready for 11 check fails for TPM check your chipset and see this
How To Enable TPM 2.0 In BIOS for Windows 11 | WePC

Good article but be careful of the pop-ups whilst reading it.
most are clickable free offers which you do NOT want.

A couple of questions from me.

1. Does the battery backup suffer ?
2. Is Windows 11 resource-intensive than Windows 10 ?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
re 2
I have not found it so, but then of course that depends on how many of the features of 11 you use, just as it would with 10

re 1
More detail is required as to what you mean by suffer - and indeed by battery backup
Are you referring to UPS

Thanks

1. Say we got 5 hours battery backup in Windows 10 how much in Windows 11.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
and indeed by battery backup
Are you referring to UPS
As above
Are you referring to battery power remaining on a laptop for instance, when you say - say we have 5 hours battery backup
1. Say we got 5 hours battery backup in Windows 10 how much in Windows 11.
OR are you referring to UPS

How to Use Windows 11 Battery Saver Mode to Get Maximum Battery Backup - MashTips

To Conserve Battery Life, Windows 11 Can Automatically Adjust a Laptop's Refresh Rate (pcmag.com)

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
As on the links I sent
take the steps on 11 to conserve battery power
No actual more use of battery power on 11 than on 10.

crjdriver

After using 11 on my test system for approx two months, I can say that while it works OK, the system just does not seem as "Polished and smooth" as 10. I will probably wait until at least the end of the month to clean install on my personal system. AND given the fact that there are no drivers for my creative sound card on the creative support site, another reason to wait a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online