1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 2000 blue screen STOP 0X0000007B

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Zeebob, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zeebob

Zeebob Thread Starter

Cannot start computer --> get blue screen ***STOP: 0X0000007B (0X8207AA10,0XC0000032,0X00000000,0X0000000) INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

I've tried all the F8 options without success. I cannot get started to check anything, I'm just stuck with nowhere to go. I've just relocated the Dell Dimension 4100 from work to home. It started up fine last night but when I moved it into it 's final location, I'm getting the BLUE SCREEN at the Windows start-up. The message says to check for viruses, remove any newly installed hard drive or hard drive controllers, check for hard drive corruption and that it is properly configured. How do I check if I can't boot? I've added or altered nothing except moving it to a different location and I don't have the original start-up disk since I aquired it from work as a "give-away".

Any suggestions?

2. Rache

Rache Banned

Sounds like something's come loose. If you've never been into a tower before make sure you discharge any static or it'll fry the motherboard. Make sure everything's turned off and check cables etc and phericals in slots.

If all else fails the f key to press is F11 which will give you options to reset to factory settings.

3. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

This can also happen if your boot drive is SATA and the BIOS setup gets reset or corrupted. Either the boot order is incorrect, wrong hard drive is selected (if multiple hard drives), or SATA mode is set to RAID instead of IDE (and you aren't running RAID). Try repeatedly tapping F11 or DEL as soon as you power the system on to get into BIOS Setup.

4. renegade X

renegade X

These guys are both right. When you say moved, what do you mean? It could be SATA settting in BIOS, loose cable, or if you changed the configuration, it could be a jumper.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542517

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice