Windows 2000 Desktop Restriction

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jp1203

I feel somewhat stupid asking this, since there is probably an easy way that I am missing, but here it goes:

>I have several users that have Power User Accounts using one workstation

>I have a set of items that must remain on the desktop in the all users folder

>They like to delete these, which makes it difficult for other users to use the workstation, and them when they realize what they deleted was important

>I have tried limiting access to the all users folder to read only for each of them (via username), to no prevail

How do I make it so that they cannot delete these items?

Thanks,
J.S.

How about in the folder's Permissions setting 'Modify' to 'Deny'. Right-click the Desktop folder in All Users=> Properties => Security.

jp1203

Thanks for the reply...I tried that with no luck to begin with

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online