Windows 2000 - DHCP Server How-to?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alex Ethridge

I am currently running Windows 2000 Professional. I assume to set up a DHCP Server, I'll need Windows 2000 Server. Is this correct?

How does one set up a DHCP Server? Are there any step-by-step resources on the 'net that are plain enough for a novice?

Im not sure if the win2kpro has got the ability to serv as dhcp server, but setting it up on the server version is really easy.

Just use the "configure your server" tool that pops up when starting up and youll be done a few steps!

NiteNow

Alex Ethridge

Thanks for the tip. I do have a book by Mark Manasi, a recognized expert on Windows 2000, called Mastering Windows 2000 Server.

Setting it up in Windows 2000 Professional was just a (somewhat empty) hope.

I'll look it up in there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online