Windows 2000 Error Code 87 OCR Software

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Buzzone

Using Agfa 1212U Scanner with Scanwise Software. Working fine. Both OmniPage Pro 10 and TextBridge Pro 11 generate error. Selecting scanner in the options menu for setup in Textbridge generates error. Finishing wizard choices, clicking on finish generates message.

Two messages appear: "Dr. Watson Fatal Error. Dr. Watson was unable to process. It is possible that process exited before Dr. Watson could attach to it. Windows 2000 returned Error Code 87 - the parameter is incorrect." The 2nd message is the windows error message that simply states "an error has occurred and the program must be terminated."

I had been using OmniPage successfully and don't know what changes created these errors. I thought it was the fault of OmniPage so I tried TextBridge. Seems all OCR software creates the problem.

I have un-installed Scanwise and reinstalled with Norton Antivirus off. I have un-installed both OmniPage and Textbridge and reinstalled. I tried a registerfix program that claims to fix code 87 problems - it didn't.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Buzz

If your driver is earlier than the current one you might try the newest: http://www.agfa.com/digicam_scanner_drivers/scanner/snapscan_1212u/

Their FAQ says that OCR software came with some scanners and it wasn’t made by Agfa, so it isn’t integrated. You might look at your CD to see what OCR software came with the scanner and remove it if you installed then forgot about it. I would try with only one OCR installed.

Buzzone

Appreciate your reply. The scanwise software you directed me to is what I'm using. It is actually asking me for a supported OCR program to support its text scan function but I can't get to the scanner setup in Textbridge because I get the error message when I click on Scanner in their Option menu for setup. I only have one OCR program on the computer.

Thanks again.

Buzz

Buzzone

Sorry about any confusion. I have been trying both programs but only one at a time.

Buzz

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts