1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 2000 making Sony Vaio keep hibernating every three minutes

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by missdabree, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missdabree

missdabree Thread Starter

I tried to do my boyfriend a good deed by fixing his computer and I broke it worse. His laptop Sony Vaio was reinstalled with Windows 200 Pro.. which sucks anyway thats why I have XP- which sucks less. Anyway now he has no sound and his computer goes black every 3 minutes. It won't do anything if you touch any of the buttons including Cntl- Alt- Del. And if it goes into Standby becasue you made it the same thing happens.

I looked online and found info about the bios and ACPI stuff- I will take a look at his computer tomorrow.. can anyone explain this better to me? I think I might have a messed up Win 2000 disk as well.

2. Dan O

Dan O

Most likely you will need to download and install a BIOS upgrade and Sony drivers for XP from Sony's support web site. As the generic drivers on the XP CD are not the right ones.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/451766

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice