1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 2000 Power Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by river, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. river

river Thread Starter

PC has Windows 2000 on it. As soon as the power is connected (doesn't wait for a manual power switch) the pc tries to boot up, but doesn't get far at all. No graphics, it just beeps constantly. The beep are as follows; beep pause beep pause etc...

I don't know what to do with it as the information on the hard disc is important.

I would appreciate any advice you may have to give.

2. fhaslangka

fhaslangka

it could be a memory issue or a video card issue. try opening your pc and reconnect your video card and so as the memory module it should be set properly to its slot.

3. river

river Thread Starter

Phaslanka, many thanks. Tried that. No difference. Tried replacing the memory modules - this made a difference in that the pc waited until the power button was hit before it booted up. It boots until the Windows 2000 splash screen then displays a blue screen with a message with lots of different 0's. Basically it asks to remove any new IDE device and run a virus check etc.

Before I got a chance to go any further a smell of burning became apparent and I switched off and unplugged. I am guessing it's time for a new PSU.

Thanks again for your help, it is appreciated greatly.

r

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276385

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice