1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 2000 Pro Configuration Issue

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cogen-wm, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cogen-wm

cogen-wm Thread Starter

Windows 2000 Pro Configuration Issue:
    I have recently relocated my business and am setting up my LAN again. I am currently working with just three computers, more to come. Let's call these computers 1,2 & 3. When clicking on My Network Places in Computer 1, the computer pulls up icons for all three computers. If I click on the icons for 1 and 3, the file structure is accessible. If I click on the icon for 2, it returns the following message "The server is not configured for transactions". If I click on My Network Places in Computer 2, the icons for all three computers are there, and if I click on an icon for any of the three computers, the file structure is visable. I have tried everythink I can think of to make sure Computer 2 resources are shared. Anybody got any suggestions?

2. RandyG

RandyG

Obviouse answers:

make sure you have File and Print sharing enabled on Comp 2

make sure you have created Users that are allowed to access comp 2, on comp 2 (if comp1 is logged on as user1, then you need to create a user1 account on comp 2)

3. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    I've moved this out of Business applications and into the Windows forum. I've also changed the name of the thread to something technically meaningful...I hope. :)

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

RandyG is correct. In addition make sure you have logged on to computer2 as admin when you assign share rights or things to share for the computer.

Are you using a router for your network?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223728

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice