1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 2000 Pro-doesn't show folders in program files or add/remove etc-Please help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by xfile47, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

My sister inlaw had an old computer given to her and she wants to use it for her daycare business and just surfing etc.

I have never ran across this before. It boots up and get s to the desktop and here is where its weird. If I click my computer>c drive? then WINNT it does not show any folders in the window like there is nothing there but if I click on the folders button on the toolbar it opens up a drop down box on the side like it is showing windows explorer and it will have the WINNT file open and you can see them in there but not in the big window.

If you open the my computer> c drive> then program files it is the same thing nothing in the window but if you click on the folders button on the toolbar it opens up like the program files folder and in the drop down box again like it is opening windows explorer on the side. But still nothing in the window.

Also if you go to add/remove programs there is nothing at all in it, it shows nothing and the button on the bottom of the window that says close instead it says Cl&ose

I ran sfc /scannow and I had a 2000 disk and it took some files off of it but still doing all this stuff. I don't want to do a clean install and if I do a repair install will it want the product key from the 2000 system that is already on there which she doesn't have or will it settle for the product key from the disk I have with just a repair install.

AND do I have to do a repair install or is there something doing all of this? Can someone help???

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/518055

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice