1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 2000 pro install??!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by RCLang64, Jan 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCLang64

RCLang64 Thread Starter

my brother is trying to install windows 2000 pro on his computer rght now but it won't recognize the CD in the cd-rom drive. he put in the cd-rom configuration disk and tried but it didn't work. i need to know how to run from the cd-rom drive. PLEASE HELP!

2. scot.t

scot.t

go into your BIOS and make sure the first boot device is CDROM
    i assume your using the original Win2k install disk and not a copy if its a copy it has to be bootable
    u might try cleaning the lazer in the CDROM with one of those cleaning disk thingys=]

3. volrathxp

volrathxp

check the physical drive itself. sometimes the problem isn't software or bios based, but hardware. make sure the drive works. if it isn't the drive, then your cd may not be bootable. make some setup floppies (on another system) and do it that way. :) laterz

volrathxp

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65335

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice