1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 2000 Pro-Toshiba Laptop-stop error when you try internet-please take a look

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by xfile47, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

windows 2000 pro
    seems to run ok until you try to get on the internet. you can get around on it ok going to control panel you can download programs etc but the min you plug in a network cable you really even need to doubleclick on the internet if you wait a few seconds after you plug in the network cable right away a blue box pops up with this stop error

Stop 0x0000001E (0xC0000005) and then three more sets of all zero's
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump complete. Contact your administrator or tech support group

Can anyone help with this? I am doing it for another person and they haven't got the disk for it. he is a trucker and needs it for the road. Can anyone give me a clue as what to look for or do? Like I said , seems to run fine till you try to get on the internet and then the stop error comes up everytime.

2. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

Will anyone help?

3. DataBase

DataBase

interesting! someone else had this problem with him laptop and i found that it was caused by ZoneAlarm, everytime you plugged the cable in it will crash with the same sort of error i cant exactly remeber it though, do you use ZA? if so i would recommend you change to comodo!

4. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

No there is no zone alarm on it, any other idea's ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/690524

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice