1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 2000 PRO

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by thegaminggamer, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thegaminggamer

thegaminggamer Thread Starter

This lady just got an IBM thinkpad with a lucent wifi pc card (yeah i know, old). Anyway this lady wants to use it and asked me to configure her card to her home network. Thing is I have no clue, I've always had issues with wireless connections. I figured I'd look for the name of the wireless network and I think i found it. I punched it in her laptop and I think its connected but still no internet connection. Any and all help is welcomed, thnx!

2. Bernardo

Bernardo

Is it her network you are trying to connect to?

3. thegaminggamer

Yeah she has a network at home with a couple pcs and a couple of game consoles. She wants to use this old laptop for her writing but she wants to be able to access the web.

The pc card model a Lucent Technologies PC24E-H-FC ORINOCO GOLD
    The laptop is an IBM Thinkpad (I can't find the specific model). It's running Windows 2000 PRO off a Pentium 3 (HAHA).

4. Bernardo

Bernardo

Does her router have security settings? If so, you're going to have to work around those...or turn them off until you have this issue resolved.

5. thegaminggamer

Security settings meaning a key? Cause I do have the router key

6. thegaminggamer

7. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Is she using WEP or WPA for the encryption key?
    Does the wireless card support either of these encryption methods?
    What wireless standards does that card support and what standard is enabled in the wireless router config?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913945

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice