windows 2000 questions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bhamlinda

windows 2000, 40 gig hard drive, 256 ram
Recently had to reformat
use IE only - have not downloaded Mozilla or Netscape since the reformat
(1)I use the google toolbar and had it set up to open my search in a new window - can't recall what I need to do to make that happen. Also had it set up to open everything in a new window. In the control panel, folder options, I have it set to open each folder in a new window.
(2) This just started happening today - when I click on something and choose "open link in a new window" nothing happens at all.
I've updated the firewall and anti-virus programs - both zone alarm.
Thanks for your help as usual. ;)
Happy New Year!
(3)and now it when I hold the cntrl key down, it won't let me open a pop-up for games and such - this is new this afternoon - I rebooted and ran both the firewall and anti-virus programs.
Thanks.
Turned off the pop-up blocker on the google toolbar and turned off the earthlink pop-up blocker - still have the 3rd problem.

bhamlinda

Yes, I did, kind squash ;) am up to date on windows ;)
I suspect this is all related - but don't know what could have caused it.

bhamlinda

I solved problems 2&3 - had an update to zone alarms that day.
Still have this one tho
windows 2000, 40 gig hard drive, 256 ram
Recently had to reformat
use IE only - have not downloaded Mozilla or Netscape since the reformat
(1)I use the google toolbar and had it set up to open my search in a new window - can't recall what I need to do to make that happen. Also had it set up to open everything in a new window. In the control panel, folder options, I have it set to open each folder in a new window.
Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts