1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 2000 Removal

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MAndrie, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAndrie

MAndrie Thread Starter

When my computer boots up, I'm initially prompted to choose between:
    Windows 2000
    or
    Windows

It times down from 30 seconds (unless I choose one of the two) and then opens up in the Windows 2000 OS. If I choose Windows 2000 the computer boots up just find. If I choose Windows it brings up the blue screen of death.

I want to have it so when I turn on my computer the "Windows 2000 / Windows" options screen doesn't come up. I want the computer to just load up automatically.

I believe I need to un-install the Operating Systems (I assume there must be two due to the above options), reformat the hard-drive, then re-install Windows 2000.

How do I correctly do this?

Thank you for your help.

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

that is one way to fix it.

if you choose that path then

1) boot from a floppy
    2) at an A prompt type "format C:"
    3) when its done, boot from your install cd and follow the prompts.

another way would be to change the time the menu is displayed to zero in your boot ini file. it will still be there but you wont see it.

the first way is better as it gets rid of all the extra files from the prev os.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117280

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice