Windows 2000 Run Time Erros

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

svcgrp

I receive the following runtime error

Microsoft runtime error visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime error

Program: c:\programfiles\InternetExplorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

Abnormal program termination

The web page opens in the background and then this error box opens in front. I cannot access any part of the IE page and when I close the error box the explorer window crashes.

This was happening in windows explorer also and after I did an upgrade to IE6 that fixed, but IExplorer is still not working.

When I access web browser through outlook, no problem until I go to a new web page and then it starts all over again. The problem began when I shut down media player and tried to re-start. Ever since that point it has not operated properly.

Pretty goofy?

Thanks for any help,

Jerry Dix

Let's try to clean out any Spyware you may have first.

Please Download Spybot. Here's a link with instructoins on using it.

http://tomcoyote.org/SPYBOT/

After you have run Spybot, reboot and run it again.

Then please go here and Download HijackThis.
Edited to correct Link address:

http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

Please post the contents of the HijackThis and StartupList logs. The Page has complete instructions.

svcgrp

this is the incorrect site for hijcak this. The one you gave me is for spybot.

thanks,

Jerry Dix

svcgrp

thank you for the help.. Went and downloaded spybot ran it as per your suggestion, rebooted and ran again and it fixed the problem.

Thank you for taking the time to provide this fix.

sincerely,

Jerry Dix

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts