1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 2000 Screensaver problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Drone, Dec 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drone

Drone Thread Starter

Yet another W2K problem. This time it's with the screensaver tab in display properties. Specifically, it's missing. At work I install Novell client and some basic software to be used over the network. During the install, the screensaver tab disappears. I've tried looking at the novell site, no luck. Tried the MS site, no luck. Looked through all our network settings, no luck so far.

What I really need is the registry key(s) that affect the screensaver.

2. Brooks

Brooks Guest

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Also look under default user and local machine.

You should see a value labeled NoDispScrSavPag. If you don't then it might be coming from a system policy.

If the value is there, you can safely delete NoDispScrSavPag. It is an optional value.

3. Drone

Drone Thread Starter

Greetings Brooks,

Thank you. That indeed is the problem. Now I just need to hunt down at which point this reg edit is being inserted. :rolleyes:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63092

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice