1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 2000 shutdown issues

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by fuman76, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuman76

fuman76 Thread Starter

Hi all... if any one could help we with this problem I would be eternaly greatful!

here is the config...

amd thunderbird 900
    256 sdram
    geforce II MX
    sound blaster live
    smc ez_net 10/100 NIC
    dlink 10/100 NIC
    dsl ethernet modem (Speed Stream 5260)

here is the problem... I have dsl (obviously!) I have wingate 4.11 installed on my computer, you know so that I can share internet access (also the reason for two NICs). the problem that I keep encountering is that when I boot up another computer (besieds the one described here) on the network my pc reboots!

all by itself, without being touched... I have been reading on the net for 3 days now and can't seem to find anyone with similar problems... if anybody has any suggestions please let me know, I am at my wits end here!

Thanks,
    Jason

[email protected]

2. Brooks

Brooks Guest

Have you tried the Wingate technical support forums? Since this seems to be a Wingate issue, they might be able to help you better than us.

http://forum1.deerfield.com/~wingate

It sounds like to me that maybe when the clients logon and poll the Wingate server for thier automatic proxy settings, that somehow wingate is restarting the computer.

Have you tried doing an uninstall of Wingate and then reinstalling it?

3. fuman76

fuman76 Thread Starter

yeah, I have tried to uninstall and reinstall many times... as well as switching which nic is used for the internal network and the one used to connect externally to the internet... still the same crap no matter how I try to configure it....:confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64242

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice