Windows 2000 slow but---------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jraquel

Hello All,

My computer with Windows 2000 is SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW opening programs but is fairly good opening the internet and going from site to site.
:confused:

Seems strange. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

When's the last u did a defrag

Do this before the defrag

EasyCleaner http://www.majorgeeks.com/download414.html

Use the clear files and Unnecessary files buttons - I do not recommend
using the Duplicates files button as many dupes are there on purpose.

In the unnecessary button I check the top 4 entries

jraquel

The programs I was trying to open and would not, some of the "system" files that run them were undoubtly on a sector gone bad. I ran scandisk on startup option and then uninstalled the programs and reinstalled them and everything seems ok now.

Now I have a question, how can I display the "map" showing the scandisk procedure on this Windows 2000 computer, like 98 does? Does the 2000 scandisk from the startup in dos mark these bad places it finds?

Thanks,
Jraquel

If you already know your hard drive has bad sectors your hard drive is more than likely on the verge of failing and your performance will continue to deteriorate. Replace the drive while you can still access it. YOu may want to check with the manufacturer if it is still under warranty.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online