1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 2000 update error 0x800A0007

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by yoggle635, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. yoggle635

yoggle635 Thread Starter

I am having a problem on five our computers. When I click on Windows update (using Windows 2000), I get the error message 0x800A0007. I have researched that error and have found it to be due to low memory issues. I do not see how that could be possible. These are new machines running 512 MB Ram. If anyone has encountered a similar problem or has an idea what to do, please advise.

Wayne
    Duncan and Son Lines, Inc.

2. Bruce319

Bruce319

I haven't gone through that problem, but perhaps it's the virtual memory of which they speak of. Try increasing the amount.

3. yoggle635

yoggle635 Thread Starter

I tried increasing the amount of virtual memory, but to no avail. Thanks for the advice though....any other ideas?

Wayne
    Duncan and Son Lines, Inc.

4. yoggle635

yoggle635 Thread Starter

I checked the windows update log files, and found a different error message: 0x80040154. If this is any help to anyone, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks,
    Wayne

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173399

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice