1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 2000 updates wont load

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lancelot_69, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lancelot_69

lancelot_69 Thread Starter

Ok I am new! I am dumb lol! Have mercy, type slow lol and please talk to me like I am learning a new language lol! Ok I can not get new windows updates! I have been every where to solve this problem! My update icon showed up, so I clicked on it like I usually do, but it would not start! So, I went to start, clicked on windows update there! The page opened, but it was small and sometimes it would not fully open! It would freeze half way through the process! So I rebooted, went directly to microsoft updates, sometime I made it there sometimes I did not! I can make it on mozilla firefox but not on IE! Out of say 50 attempts, I made it to the page twice, ran the update scan and was told there was two updates available.When I clicked to download the updates, it would not download! Ready two take 9 iron to computer then go golfing! Any suggestions lol:D

2. lancelot_69

I did get a response from someone but they were sadly mistaken!It read like this!

Dear lancelot_69,

Blackmirror has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - windows 2000 updates wont load - in the Windows NT/2000/XP forum of Tech Support Guy Forums.

This thread is located at:
    http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=693843&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    Microsoft Axing Windows 2000 Security Updates
    Linked by Eugenia Loli-Queru on Thu 27th Jan 2005 05:31 UTC, submitted by Jack
    Microsoft has confirmed that they will no longer issue security updates for Windows 2000. In addition, standard support for Windows 2000 is currently scheduled to end in June.

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
    Tech Support Guy Forums

In actual reality that is not right Microsoft states Please read release!

Windows 2000 moves into Extended Support after June 30th

There are two important events that will happen to the support policy for Windows 2000 after June 30th of this year.

First, support for both IE 5.01 SP3 and IE 6 SP1 on Windows 2000 SP3 will expire. Users running IE 5.01 or IE 6 SP1 on Windows 2000 should upgrade to Windows 2000 SP4 in order to continue to receive security updates.

Second, Windows 2000 SP4 moves from mainstream to extended support. The key difference between mainstream support and extended support which I think is most relevant to this audience is this quote from the lifecycle site: "Microsoft will not accept requests for warranty support, design changes, or new features during the Extended support phase." We will of course continue to keep our Windows 2000 SP4 customers secure with security updates through the life of Windows 2000 (through 2010). There are a few other differences between the two support models which you can read about at the lifecycle site. You may also want to read my previous post about Windows’ lifecycle.

It should be no surprise that we do not plan on releasing IE7 for Windows 2000. One reason is where we are in the Windows 2000 lifecycle. Another is that some of the security work in IE7 relies on operating system functionality in XPSP2 that is non-trivial to port back to Windows 2000.

Please note that these lifecycle changes are only for IE on Windows 2000. For questions about other versions of IE (IE for PocketPC, IE for Mac), please consult the lifecycle site for the latest expiration dates.

It seems to me a lot of people have issues with this problem! Hence the lack of help or support I get on this issue! Thanks for trying any ways!

3. lancelot_69

No one reads these right!

4. lancelot_69

Well I solved it myself! Thanks for the routing section! I would thank you for the help, but I did not get any!

5. jayderris

jayderris

Never even think of taking a 9 iron to a computer. A 3 iron is better!

6. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

I am sorry i posted a link to an article without fully reading it ..

i was trying to help and when i realised the mistake i removed it ..

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/693843

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice