1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 2000 won't accept my old printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 4dsmom, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 4dsmom

4dsmom Thread Starter

I have a Canon BJC 620. I know it is old, but way back when I bought it , it was very expensive and still works fine.
    My problem is: I just reformatted a computer with Windows 2000, (Had Windows ME originally), and now I can't install the printer because it says it is for Windows 95 only, yet I had no problems with it on ME. I went to Canon site and they have no driivers for 2000. Do I have to get a different printer, or is there a solution to my problem?

2. DefConDelta

DefConDelta

3. 4dsmom

4dsmom Thread Starter

Thanks, but not sure if 2000 has compatibilty wizard and I wouldn't know which driver to try. May as well give up. Thanks for your suggestion

4. brite750

brite750

try the add new hardware wizard thing there should be something like let windows find a driver online, something similar, in other words try to find a driver on microsoft site

5. vicks

vicks

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

Driverguide.com has drivers for 95 and 98 and also for NT but I doubt any of them will work. It looks like BJC 6200 which does have for 2000 and Xp is a driver that will work.
    Have you updated to Sp4 as that will give you a lot of drivers. Then run Windows update for all drivers and see if they come up with any hardware drivers.

7. brite750

brite750

ya know come to think of it i had a BJC250 or something old like that and never had a problem with it working, I think 2000-sp4 picked it right up, never even needed the disk.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595763

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice