Windows 2000 wont shut down

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kuwaiti Kid

My computer is meant to go into standby mode after 30 minutes but now I get this message :-

The device driver for the “generic Volume’ device is preventing the machine from entering standby. Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you may need to update this driver.

I have no idea what is causing this or how to fix it. any help on this will be very much appreciated.

go to start/settings/control panel/systems properties/ click on device manager & then make sure the dot on view devices by type is clicked.
Now go to Sound, Video & Game Controller... click the plus & update the drivers to the audio device by going to properties after you have highlighted the audio device

Savvy :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online