Windows 2000Pro Patch/Repair

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Debb-aura

Hi everyone,

I have been having an *issue with the Search files/folders* in
the Start menu and I read somewhere about Windows 2000Pro,
having a Repair option on the Win2kPro CD. I have the CD but want to verify that this is on the disc and ask, what to look for in order to access the repair feature.

The search files/folders does nothing when I select it..just freezes up..I can access anything else on my pc no problem.
It's not a virus and it started just *out of the blue. I do frequent updates on everything and scandisc/defrag Regularly.

It's the most annoying problem on a pc I've ever had...Lmao.:rolleyes:

Any helps greatly appreciated All!! TY in advance!
Debb

I have the Win2000Pro CD too and tried looking for it last week. I couldn't find it anywhere. Probably right in front of my face. I'll check again.

Debb
I've been all over this CD and still can't find anything. Have you check the MS website for newsgroups or support?

Debb-aura

Hi Jack,

Yes..I"ve actually been searching out this particular
problem for about a month. I have found very little
to go on.

It's a bizarre problem to say the least. I've seen a lot of computer oddities..but this one is new to me.

My computers running beautifully, no problems Except this issue and I've had no past issues.

I have all applicable service packs..patches, updates, upgrades.

It's one of those things that can drive a person to eat too much candy!!! lmao

;) Debb

I think you can run setup from the cd and find an option to repair in setup.

good luck

edit: not sure if that will affect your service packs and updates though.(I've never had to use it)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online