Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows 2003 Server / FTP

829 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  StumpedTechy 
#1 ·
I have a server running windows 2003 server, It's also running exchange, web server, and FTP.

I have the FTP setup, just like I would on any other server, but when I try to log in using internet explorer, it would lot me. But if I download Winftp or any ftp program, then I can get in right away, no problem. anyone any any ideas?

Thank you.

#2 ·
but when I try to log in using internet explorer, it would lot me
Do you get the login prompt? What are you typing in the Address field? Are you getting any errors?

Also I.E. has a very rudimentary FTP and things like PASV ports don't work too well with it are you using PASV ports?

#3 ·
I am typing the ftp://00.000.00.00 then I get the prompt to log in, What is PASV? Sorry. After I type in my user name and password, it clicks like it's going to log in, then is searches with that stupid flashlight, then says it couldn't log, in, make sure I have permission, the ftp folder could not be opened, but when I use winft or an ftp program, then it goes right in. I have the ftp permissions setup just like I have on my other servers, just this one is giving me problems.
Thanks.

#6 ·
I have the ftp permissions setup just like I have on my other servers, just this one is giving me problems.
Okay you say your only running 1 FTP and coming in from the WAN but then above you say you have the same ftp permissions? Is it just the permissions your checking but you actually only have the 1 running?

Did you set it up as a pasv FTP or a standard FTP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.