Windows 2003 Server Group Policy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mike M

Hi when i manage my group policy i get this error:

the domain controller for group policy operations is not available. You may cancel this operation for this session or retry using one of the following domain controller choises:

The one with the operations Master token PDC emulator
The one used by the active directory snap-ins
Use any available controller.

techkid

David
Is your Windows Server set up as a Domain Controller, or connected to a network with a DC?

techkid

David
Well, it shouldn't just go down on you like that. But my experience with AD and Group Policies is very limited. I can't really offer an explanation or a solution.

I think the only way is to convert your DC back to a normal server and then reinstall AD.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts