1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 2003 Server

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by darnold, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. darnold

darnold Thread Starter

Id like to run a program called stinger through a windows 2003 server and have it automatically scan each clients computer for virus's... Is this possible if so how can I do it??

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Are you talking about McAffee Stinger Virus Detection. I would think you could put the file on shared drive on your server and put a batch file to run in a login script so that it runs when the person logs onto the computer.

3. darnold

darnold Thread Starter

that is one way to do it... I was trying to use the server capabilites to do it...
    The program wont work till the person logs off and on then though...
    do you know a way to set it up in a batch file to run twice a month??

i already have McAfee installed on all machines but some people still click files they shouldnt and get infected...

4. Squashman

Doesn't sound like you have McAffee setup correclty or you don't have it updating the virus database. If McAffee is installed and is updating itself everyday with the latest virus definitions, your computers should't be getting infected. The Realtime virus scan should be detecting the files when they try to run them or download them.

5. darnold

darnold Thread Starter

i have the program automatically scan the computer once a week (wednesday) and have it updated twice a week (monday and friday)... now if they cancel the scan then I cant stop them from doing that... that is why I wanted to run stinger twice a month also...

6. Squashman

7. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

As mentioned, PLEASE DO NOT duplicate post, I think I'll close this one, so reply to the one in networking.

I'm not certain, but I think you've been told this before. If I am wrong, then I apologize :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/443352

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice