1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 2003 Small Business Server SP1

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by alangidman, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alangidman

alangidman Thread Starter

Hi Just installed the latest version of Windows 2003 for Small Business (Sp1)

I have installed this OS on a new Fujitsu PRIMERGY TX150 S4.

Now I want just to use this Server as a server on a Workgroup. But the OS insists that it should be the Domain Controller. And then it just shuts it self down. Below is a log from the event viewer. Is there a way around this or will I have to bow down to the might of Microsoft. Just don't really want to configure the entire Lan from workgroup to Domain

Event ID 1014
    Source SBCore

This computer must be configured as a domain controller. It will be shut down in 30 minutes. To prevent this computer from shutting down, run Setup on the disk that you used to install the operating system to configure the computer as a domain controller.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

2. alangidman

alangidman Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/472107

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice