1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 2k crashes.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Godd22, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godd22

Godd22 Thread Starter

okay I've been keeping track of my blue screen of deaths for awhile now and decided to post a few of them. I'm running windows 2000 pro with sp4. To my knowledge I have everything via windows update updated.
    so here are a few of the errors.
    cannot load hive(file):\systemroot\system32\config\SOFTWARE or its alternative is corrupt, absent or not writable
    then there are the stop:0x00000050 etc ones with win32k.sys (I have seen this one twice) I've checked the my computer right click menu manage thing for the errors and it just always says a bugcheck. then there was something with tcpip.sys as well as vsdatant.sys (also have had this one twice)
    I've also had a BAD_POOL_CALLER error as well ad a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED with a win32k.sys on it as well.
    I'm going to install hijackthis and run my spyware things then post a hijackthis file later on.
    Thanks for any help.
    Todd

2. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

you might want to start all over again. with the 2k cd remove/create/format the partition.

you'll lose all data and eliminate problems/errors.

3. Paladin-X

Paladin-X

Try running chkdsk /r

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328351

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice