Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows 2K IE5 running slow

727 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  czys8k 
#1 ·
I have a HP 8565C P3 500 MHz 128 MB Ram with Windows 2K on it. I installed the IE 6 Beta and unistalled it and reinstalled IE 5.5 Since then I have had problem with Internet Explorer loading really slow and locking up the system. And when it works, I can't print because I get a javascript error. What can I do to fix these problems? I have tryed to reinstall IE 5.5 but it won't let me. PLEASE help.

#4 ·
To get to the Repair Tool Go to Add/Remove Programs, scroll down until you find Microsoft Internet Explorer5 and internet tools. Click on this to highlight it and click on Add/Remove. You will have a window open that will have 3 choices: add a component, repair internet explorer or Restore the previous windows configuration (this one may be greyed out if you install ie as a new install). Click repair internet explorer and click yes to the warning that pops up. You will than get a status bar. If the application is so corrupt that it cannot repair itself, it will let you know and you will have to do a reinstall. Once the repair is done, you will have to reboot. This will usually solve most ie related problems. If you can not find Micrsoft Internet Explorer 5 in Add/Remove Programs, you are looking at a complete reinstall. In your case you may want to delete any internet explorer files through windows explorer and in the registry. (do a registry find to locate). There is a Java update at the Sun websight that may help with your javascript error if the reinstall doesn't correct that problem. I apolige that I don't remember the name of the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.