1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 2K IE5 running slow

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Hatchman, May 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hatchman

Hatchman Thread Starter

I have a HP 8565C P3 500 MHz 128 MB Ram with Windows 2K on it. I installed the IE 6 Beta and unistalled it and reinstalled IE 5.5 Since then I have had problem with Internet Explorer loading really slow and locking up the system. And when it works, I can't print because I get a javascript error. What can I do to fix these problems? I have tryed to reinstall IE 5.5 but it won't let me. PLEASE help.

2. PC_DISK1

PC_DISK1

Did you try to repair IE, in the control panel, add remove programs.

3. Hatchman

Hatchman Thread Starter

I didn't see anything called REPAIR INTERNET EXPLODER

4. czys8k

czys8k

To get to the Repair Tool Go to Add/Remove Programs, scroll down until you find Microsoft Internet Explorer5 and internet tools. Click on this to highlight it and click on Add/Remove. You will have a window open that will have 3 choices: add a component, repair internet explorer or Restore the previous windows configuration (this one may be greyed out if you install ie as a new install). Click repair internet explorer and click yes to the warning that pops up. You will than get a status bar. If the application is so corrupt that it cannot repair itself, it will let you know and you will have to do a reinstall. Once the repair is done, you will have to reboot. This will usually solve most ie related problems. If you can not find Micrsoft Internet Explorer 5 in Add/Remove Programs, you are looking at a complete reinstall. In your case you may want to delete any internet explorer files through windows explorer and in the registry. (do a registry find to locate). There is a Java update at the Sun websight that may help with your javascript error if the reinstall doesn't correct that problem. I apolige that I don't remember the name of the file.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/43261

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice