Windows 2k networked

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BruceVS

I recently have put together a computer using windows 2k, and would like to network it to a Windows Xp comp. I was wondering how I would go about this seeing as the network disk on my XP wont work on a windows 2000 computer.
Thanks!
Bruce

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Windows 2000 doesn't need XP's networking disk, it has it's own networking. Are you sharing your IP connection with this setup, or just doing file sharing?

BruceVS

I have the Internet Sharing Working. I just dont know how to set up the file sharing. They arent showing up in the Network Neighborhood

Go to your network and dial-up connections and make sure that you have file and print sharing installed

BruceVS

The problem has been fixed. My firewall was not allowing any new network connection. Stupid mistake on my end! Thanks all

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online