1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 2K3 disappears from network every sixth hour from its previous disconnection

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by sriyapaka, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sriyapaka

sriyapaka Thread Starter

Hi all,

I have a problem here in production environment. We are using W2K3 SP2 and SQL 2008 combination. It is found that the server gets disconnected from the network every sixth hour from its previous disconnection. The SQL resources are running fine but the server itself becomes not reachable. When I mean server, its IP address, DNS name etc.

While closely monitoring the issue, we found even the RDP connection to it expires exactly at the same time. It is just an interruption of 10-30 secs and after it everything is normal. Only clue is, it exactly happens every sixth hour. we also found its happening to all the server in the VLAN at the same time.

Sixth hour i mean is, this is the pattern.. for eg it happes at 9:15 am then it will happen around 3:16 pm and then 9:17 pm and than again next day 3:18 am, 9:19 am, 3:20 pm, 9:21 pm etc. So its not exactly every six hours, it every sixth hour from its previous disconnection. The timing is keep moving.

Note:

DHCP is not enabled on the server. Its configured to use static ip address. Server is cluster based. No DHCP server in the environment.
    DHCP client is running on the machine to register DNS with the DNS server. No windows firewall enabled.

So its more like a configuration issue that is something configured to do something every sixth hour from its previous instance.

Please let me know if you suspect any.

Thanks
    Jadia

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061971